Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baby Got Back- Quilt Backs

I'm posting TWICE in ONE day! It's a shocker right? Well, I just couldn't resist this GREAT linky party that Katie is hosting over at Swim, Bike, Quilt! It's called "The Other Side of the Quilt". It's normally all about the quilt top but this one is ALL about the quilt BACK! She wants to see how everyone else uses pieced backings for their quilts. I love a pieced back! I think it gives the quilt more character, and essentially makes it reversible!
  So, let me share a few of my quilt backs with you! (I dunno why but the song "Baby Got Back" is playing in my head right now! LOL!)

This is the back of my "Sew Hexy" mini that I made for Chris (Freckle Mama) a while back. (She has just released 3 amazing patterns BTW, you really need to check them out! I think Tinker is my favorite!)
You can read more about my Sew Hexy mini right here.
I crazy pieced the back of this mini. This was for my Modern Dresden tutorial. I love the way the back looks!

This is the back to my Scrappy Trip Along that I made for my mom. (I'm planning my 2nd one as we speak!) You can read more about this quilt right here.
And last but not least is the back of my Make It Modern Bee quilt! You can read more about this quilt right here.

I don't think I've ever made a quilt (except a few minis) without a pieced back. I just love how they add to the quilt!
On a side note, you guys can get some GREAT tips on how to piece quilt backs from Elizabeth Hartman's Craftsy class Creative Quilt Backs and it is completely FREE! She is an amazing teacher so I highly recommend this class!

I'm linking up over at Swim, Bike, Quilt and would love to see some of your quilt backs!!!!

~Hope y'all are having a GREAT day!!!~

2 comments:

prsd4tim2 said...

Kelie, I love all your quilt backs. They are fabulous! I love pieced backs too, but sometimes, by the time I get to the back of the quilt, I just want to 'get 'r done" if you know what I mean. It's like making a second quilt sometimes. But I have a big finish planned for a couple of my finished quilt tops. Soon. Very soon.

Adventurous Quilter said...

Gorgeous and inspiring!