Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Finished Quilt Top

    Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged! I've been super busy lately with work and summer.....the 3 little ones are in a Pee Wee league for the summer and that takes up a lot of time as well. But enough with the excuses! I've also been sewing away!!!
     I've got quite a few things I'm working on...I'm really excited to show you this finished quilt top though! I had the design stuck in my head ever since I got my Patchwork Threads t-shirt! LOL!

     First I have to share a little bit about the photo location. We are actually on vacation right now in Sevierville, TN  (AKA Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg)! It is so gorgeous down here in the Smokey Mountains. Yes, I know I live in the Smokeys but the views down here are just breathtaking.

     See what I mean?
 
    But I know you guys wanna see some pretty stuff, well, pretty sewing related things at least, right?



     As you can see, the wind was not very cooperative, but I still love these pics and just had to share them with you!


        I have the best quilt holder upper ever! :)



   I really love the way this top has turned out and am soooo excited to get it quilted and bound! I used 3.5" squares. I didn't want a flat background so I chose to use a variety of low volume and text prints for the background. I really could not be happier with the way this turned out. I can definitely see myself making a few more of these. They come together super quick!



    The heart is made out of some of my very favorite fabrics. I love the contrast between low volume and really bright fabrics!


  Ignore all the wrinkles in it please, it was packed up with the rest of my sewing gear I brought on vacation with me.



    I have a few different ideas of how I want to quilt it, but haven't settled on one. What do you all think would look good? I wanna get away from my usual stipple design and try my hand at something a bit more interesting, I'm just not sure what.


  If Donnie had not been holding the corner at this point the entire quilt would have flown away! So, I decided I had enough pics for the day! (plus my memory card was full)

   Let me know what you think of this quilt! I'll have a new video tutorial up in the next few days (the internet here is really spotty so I'm not sure if it will upload or not, but I am going to try)! I'm also testing a pattern for someone and am so inlove with the way its turning out! I can't wait to share it with you guys!!!!

   I promise I'll be back before the month is gone! LOL!

    I'm linking up with Amanda Jean this Friday for Finish It Friday!

~Hope y'all are having a GREAT day!!~

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Love your quilt!!!! Can't wait to see how you quilt it. Have a wonderful vacation. That is an area I just love!

Lila Rostenberg said...

I love your quilt! The serene neutrals around the bright colors!
Nice scenery too!

Newbie Jen said...

gorgeous quilt top, and I love the location shoots.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I love the pixelated heart! Wonder how you decided to quilt it?