Monday, June 3, 2013

Class Review and Discount!

I was recently contacted by Craftsy and they asked me if I'd be interested in doing a review for one of their new quilting classes. Commence jumping up and down and screaming! Really? They wanted ME to review one of their classes? This can't be real! But it is! I think I'm still in shock! Sooooo.....what class did they ask me to review? Precision Piecing taught by Norah McMeeking.
   Okay, let me be honest for a sec.... I was really skeptical about reviewing this class. I didn't think I'd like it, it's not really "my style" and I didn't want to give a bad review. I feel like if I'm going to review something, ANYTHING, on my blog that I need to be 150% honest and give my true opinion. Because I know when I read a review on someone's blog I want that same honesty. So, I will tell you the truth about what I think.
Disclaimer: The opinions in this post are strictly my own, no one has told me what to say or write nor have I gotten any form of payment for this post!

 
Let me tell you a little about Craftsy first:
  Craftsy is an online educational website that offers TONS of classes for any crafting need! They offer not only quilting classes but cake decorating, crocheting, knitting sewingand so much more!
I absolutely LOVE their platform! Once you enroll in a class you have UNLIMITED (24/7) access to your class! You can ask questions and get answers from the instructors and class mates, make video notes to book mark a place you think is important or need to go back to, and soooo much more! Every class comes with materials provided by your course instructor so you can print them out and have them in front of you! I really really really LOVE the classes I've taken, and trust me, I've taken quite a few!
  Not only do they offer classes you can buy, they offer a great selection of FREE classes! Yes, FREE! Craftsy also offers a place for designers to sale their patterns, you can find some great patterns for free also! I could really go on and on about all of Craftsy's GREAT features but, that's not why we are here, right? We are here for a CLASS REVIEW!


 So, let's get this review started, shall we? I sat down to my IPad after putting the kiddos in bed and started watching. Thinking "I don't know how I'm going to give a review, this is not the class for me" But let me tell you, I was wrong! No, I do not like traditional quilting, No I do not like the instructors fabric selections, but hold up! She's got some great techniques! I mean really, WOW! I love paper piecing, I mean really really LOVE it, but I'm not too great at lining up my points and getting things too accurate. In this class I learned A LOT about...well, precision! Here is the description Craftsy gives for the class:
Norah offers an overview of foundation paper piecing, showing you how to avoid common trouble spots. As you piece blocks inspired by traditional Amish quilts, the windows of Notre Dame and Roman mosaic floors, you'll achieve beautifully matched points, even Y-seams and smooth curves. With Norah's detailed instruction, you'll create intricate designs with the accuracy that quilt-show judges demand.

You will learn how to make 3 quilts, Amish Pinwheel, Stained Glass Window, and Emerald Rings. You will "walk away" with skills on fast and accurate foundation piecing. how to get PERFECTLY "married" seams, the dreaded Y-seams, and so much more!
 I would not recommend a brand new quilter take this class though. You need some knowledge of quilting since this class assumes you already know the basics. 


The instructor knows what she is talking about, she's a very confident and experienced instructor and it shows! I could tell she has a lot of experience teaching. And to me, that makes a difference! 

I really enjoyed taking this class and learned so many new techniques that I can use on so many future projects! I think you all would learn a lot too! So, I have a little bit of a surprise for you! Anyone who signs up for Precision Piecing through my blog post will get.... a 50% discount!!!! All you have to do is follow this link to get your discount! Pretty cool, huh? 

I hope you all will give this class a chance! I promise there is a lot to be learned! In my opinion, you can never know too much! So, go ahead, click here and save some money when you sign up for Precision Piecing! I promise you WON'T regret it!


~Hope y'all are having a great day!!~


No comments: