Monday, February 24, 2014

Charm Pack Cherry- my version

HEY GUYS!!!! How ya been? I know I've been MIA...computer issues! Hopefully that will all be fixed VERY soon!!! I have decided to do the YouTube thing and will keep you guys updated on that! I've filmed the first video, but I'm gonna try to get a few more filmed before I upload any. 
Anywho, the reason I'm here today is to share this AH-MAY-ZINGLY simple FREE quilt pattern with you all!!!


I chose to make mine out of Sweet Serenade from Moda...I really love this quilt! It takes 2 print charms and 2 solid charms and you can literally put it together in a day! Super quick!!! You can find the free pattern right here! Thanks to the wonderful Fat Quarter Shop!
I'll show you some more pics of my quilt...


They asked me to use the left over charms to help create my backing for this quilt. Y'all know I'm all about a pieced quilt back, so that was no problem with me!

I used one of the extra solid charms to make my quilt label...yes I actually did a REAL label for this quilt! You can't really make it out in this pic but it says "Charm Pack Cherry   Pieced and Quilted by Kelie Copas of Craft Nurse Quilt Feb 2014"

I chose to do an all over stipple for the quilting, my go-to! I'm telling you this quilt is sooo easy to make!!!


It looks so much more complicated than what it is! I just love quilts like this!

I machine bound this quilt, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out! I'm getting better every time I do it!

And if you are a YouTube junkie like I am and like to see video tutorials, the Fat Quarter Shop has got you covered there too!!!
Just click right there on the video to watch it! Or if you prefer you can just go to the Fat Quarter Shop's channel and click on the Charm Pack Cherry video! Kimberly is a great teacher and breaks it down so ANYONE can understand how to put this quilt together!

Oh and speaking of the Fat Quarter Shop to celebrate the release of this pattern they are having a sale for you all!!!! *YAY FOR SALES* and you can get your charm packs for this quilt for TWENTY PERCENT off!!! YAY! All you have to do is click right here to see their HUGE selection of charm packs!

So, my wonderful people...hurry up and go download this pattern and make yourself, friend, or family member a gorgeous quilt!!!!


I will be talking to you VERRRRY soon! I've got a few things to share as soon as I get my computer back up and running smoothly! And be on the lookout for my YouTube channel! I'm hoping to start it up by the middle of March! If you guys have any ideas of videos you want to see leave me a comment below letting me know!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!


~Hope y'all are having a GREAT day!!!~

5 comments:

Jennie said...

was looking at Fat Quarter shop post about this project and there you were!!! I knew that Kelie at Craft Nurse was YOU!!! How awesome to have your project linked to their page on this fun project! I am always so impressed with your work and your obvious love for quilting!!!!

Trying to decide which charm packs to buy to make mine!!! I make it hard to do this by stressing over fabric choices.

Again congrats!!!
Jennie Ross

ptmemaw said...

Your quilt is wonderful, don't know which side I like best because that backing is nothing short of amazing!

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

I love the back, I'm all about the back sometimes.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I just love your quilt too!! The softness of the fabric, your quilting and your binding...all turned out so nicely!!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Did you use a specific charm pack for the solids or did you just pick and choose from your stash?

Again, this is beautiful.