Friday, February 28, 2014

Mini Swoon Finish

I just finished up another round of Sew Sew Modern (round 4) and am absolutely L-O-V-I-N-G what I received!!! It's one of the best swap packages I have ever gotten! But.... I'm not here to show you that...(yet! I'm a bad blogger and got too excited and forgot to take good pics of my goodies!) But I am here to show you what I sent my Partner!


I had such a hard time packing this up and sending it off! You guys just don't even know!!! Even my husband said he wished I didn't have to send it off! But the good thing about it is I can always make another one! I absolutely LOVE the way this mini Swoon turned out!

It is a lot of itty bitty piecing, but it came together rather quickly once I had all the cutting done.
I love the busyness of the background!

If you guys don't know this pattern is called Mini Swoon and is by the wonderful Camille Roskelley! I've been really wanting to make the large version of this pattern for a while now...I believe I purchased it going on 2 years ago and just have not gotten around to making it yet! It is on my "to do" list though!
I chose to do concentric circles for the quilting, offsetting the circle so it wasn't in the middle. It was such fun to make this mini quilt! I just can't get over it! I hope my Partner likes it as much as I do!

I chose to do a simple backing...the front piecing was enough for me! LOL!

Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoyed checking out this mini I made! I've got some more stuff to share with you VERY soon!!! (promise!)
Oh yeah, a little YouTube update....I have my first video completely filmed and can NOT figure out this dang editing stuff! It's driving me CRAZY!!! I told my husband that if I can teach myself to sew then I can for sure teach myself to edit! LOL! I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker if anyone knows of any sites, tutorials, or anything that will help me learn this stuff PLEASE leave me a comment letting me know! I will be forever grateful!

I'll be linking this lovely up with Amanda Jean for Finish It Friday!

~Hope y'all are having a GREAT day!!!~

3 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Looks cool! I love the off-centre circle quilting and the fabrics are really lovely. Well done!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

I would have had a hard time letting that one go too! Love the look. The spiral quilting is great!

I wish I could help you out with a place to get editing info. . . I'm barely able to get the blogging thing done at this point LOL I'm going to assume you have exhausted the programs help menu? Typically they are my first go to when learning new software. . .

Angie in SoCal said...

Love everything about your quilt! That's a wonderful and eclectic collection of fabric. Thanks for sharing.