Wednesday, January 24, 2018

   I really need to get back into the gear of blogging and making time to film and edit and sew for that matter! I absolutely hate the hours I'm working, but I gotta do it! *HUGE thumbs down* lol

Anyhow, the reason we are here!!!! I got to test this amazing pattern by the absolutely wonderfully talented Kelly of Jeli Quilts! I absolutely adore her work, and am so inspired by her every single time I see her pop up in my IG  feed.

This pattern is her latest, it's called Goosing Around Again. It is absolutely perfect!


And of course, I had to use a low volume texty background and Kona Solids for the Flying Geese and did it in Rainbow Fashion! I finished up with a black and white striped binding (per usual! lol)

i would say this pattern is for an intermediate quilter. Definitely not for a beginner paper piecer. Although, paper piecing is extremely simple once you get the hang of it, this is definitely not for someone's first time. I strongly suggest easing yourself into paper piecing (I might have a little help for you beginners planned ;))

Now, back to the pattern, it is very easy to follow as long as you know how to paper piece.

Each block is made up of 2 pieces. Each of those make one quadrant of the block.


This block finishes at 12.5" square. so I decided to add some extra color as a border to make it a bit larger.

The awesome thing about paper piecing is that it uses such a small amount of fabric, you can use your scraps for many other things! Of course, I starched the hell out of it before basting it because with all the angles there is nothing but bias on the edge of the block (before the border)

I don't think I could be happier with how this turned out!

These geese give me LIFE!

Of course, I spray basted my mini using 505 basting spray.

I did my normal stipple FMQ quilting for a fast finish.



Machine binding to the rescue (as always!) lol I call it lazy binding, but it gets the job done and I love it!

I used the Ikea Numbers print for my backing. (On a side note, while I'm sitting here writing this post I keep getting side tracked with this new show I just started on Netflix called "Crossing Lines" it's flipping awesome!!!!)

Isn't it just so pretty?!?!? I have to say thank you again to Kelly over at Jeli Quilts for letting me test out this pattern. I already have another one of her patterns that I'm going to start piecing soon, as soon as I get started on a super secret project with a very close deadline.
I highly recommend following her on IG for HUGE doses of inspiration! She's an extremely talented designer and quilter!


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my newest mini! I can't wait to add it to my walls! (I'll do a post about that soon too!) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram right here to keep up with what I'm working on, and see my newest obsession with planning. Who knows, I may do a blog post about that soon too!!!!

Hope y'all have a great day! I'll talk to you soon!!!!