I've been thinking (which I know is a dangerous thing but I STILL DO IT! Yep, living life on the edge!) about different quilts I want to make. Which has lead me to think of my "inspiration". This post is going to be on just that...."inspiration".
According to dictionary.com inspiration means....
1. The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative: "flashes of inspiration".The quality of having been so stimulated, esp. when evident in something: "a moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display".
And according to thefreedictionary.com inspiration means.....
1. a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
b. The condition of being so stimulated.
2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
3. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
4. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
5. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
6. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.
And according to thefreedictionary.com inspire means....
1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion: hymns that inspire the congregation; an artist who was inspired by Impressionism.
3.a. To stimulate to action; motivate: a sales force that was inspired by the prospect of a bonus.
b. To affect or touch: The falling leaves inspired her with sadness.
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse: a teacher who inspired admiration and respect.
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about: an invention that inspired many imitations.
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.
To breathe life into? Well, I know how they are meaning it, but to me those 4 words can mean a lot! "To breathe life into" to me that's saying to "give life". Is that what a quilter does? Give life to a quilt? Or a painter? To give life to a painting? I guess, in a way we do. ("we" meaning quilters...I'm definately NO PAINTER!)
So that leads me to.....what gives me inspiration? EVERYTHING AROUND ME! I can see a tissue box and think "WOW! That'd make such a pretty quilt!" I'm a dork, I know, you don't have to say it!!!!!
I've been browsing Flikr a lot lately, especially when I'm on break at work. And WOWZA! The inspiration you can find on there....all those talented people! WHOA! I really hope one day someone can look at a quilt I've made and think some of the things about my quilts as I do about the ones I've seen!
Now, I know it's not a complete post without pics so guess what you're going to get to see????? Pics of things that.....what?.....INSPIRE ME!!!!!!!!
Disclaimer: I do not in any way, shape, or form claim to have made, sewn, or quilted ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PICTURES!!!!!!!! If I have a one of your pics on here and you want it removed, say the word and it'll be done!
1. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/41904070@N08/7381331276/">Half moon modern quilt</a>, 2. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/41904070@N08/7690450986/">Rainbow Bloom</a>, 3. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/52365594@N04/7531613726/">Smitten quilt, front</a>, 4. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/29745380@N05/7705364458/">my Modern Medallion, finally finished!</a>, 5. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/7871971@N06/7691712306/">Pearl Cabin quilt top</a>, 6. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/29745380@N05/7699026840/">iPad sleeve for Type-lovers</a>, 7. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/57799555@N02/6009575722/">Pretty Little Pouch Full View - Option 3</a>, 8. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/58876589@N03/7683450100/">crochet blanket</a>, 9. <a href="http://flickr.com/photos/7401290@N07/7687748494/">Bloom Quilt</a>
See what I mean? I also get my inspiration from fabric lines! Just seeing all the gorgeous fabric, I start DREAMING about quilts made with it! Such as....
Another thing that inspires me are my kids! I L-O-V-E seeing the grins on their faces when I make something for them! They love it, which makes me love it just that much more!
Sew, I want to know....what inspires you the most? or Where does your inspiration come from?
(post of my finished quilt and a few other things is on the way! I promise, give me a few more days!!!!)
~Hope y'all are having a great day!!!~