Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pics of my very FIRST QUILT TOP (in progress!)

I found my adapter for my camera!!! YAY!!! Now I get to fill this post with all kinds of pictures of my progress!! WAHOO!! I know y'all are excited...well, maybe not so much as me, but I'm really excited!
This is what I started with. I figure for my first one use cheap stuff so if I mess up I haven't wasted all kinds of money!

Trying to get the full effect! LOL
They were originally 22" X 22" then I washed them and they shrunk down to anywhere between 20"-19" around. So I decided to cut them smaller and ended up cutting them down to 9.5" X 9.5" at this point.

This is my process of making them into Half Square Triangles!!!! (YAY I DID IT!)
Got them all pressed out and realized...."WOW my cutting skills stink!" So back to the cutting mat and this time I did it right!
And my final squares ended up measuring 8.5" X 8.5"
Trying to figure out my layout!
And I finally decided on.......




THIS ONE!

And I think I may have another pic or 2 around here somewhere LOL!


OH yes....had to rip some stitches, and rip some stitches, and did I mention ripping stitches out???
But I finally got all the blocks sewn together! Now I'm working on the rows and then just to figure out my border.....hmmmm I have no clue what to use for a border on this! Any suggestions? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME COMMENTS!!!!

Oh yeah, here is a pic of my FAVORITE block!

and up close
Thanks for bearing with me...I'll post the finished top once I get to finish it! And more pics to come! LOL I'm "snap happy" with my camera! But at least it's colorful!!!
~Kelie~

No comments: