Friday, March 23, 2012

Pillowcase Challenge Project

I was reading in one of the quilting magazines my mom had given me and I found this article about ConKerr Cancer. They are trying to reach 1 million pillowcases. They deliver them to children with cancer in hospitals around the entire US. The pillowcases help make the kids feel more comfortable and always puts a smile on their face. So I have collected up some fun fabric out of my mom & my mother in law's stashes to make pillowcases. I have volunteered my husband to help. I'm going to try to make at least 50 by....well let's say this time next month. We will be starting on them this weekend (Since I'm off work!!!)
So, if you have some fabric laying around, anything that's pretty, colorful, HAPPY, that you think a child would like you should definately consider making some pillowcases. It's an easy project, doesn't take much fabric at all, and you will be doing a child some good. Makes me feel good just knowing that I'm going to do something I LOVE for someone that needs some extra LOVE!
If you would like to help out, please leave me a comment and let me know how many pillowcases for cancer you are challenging yourself to make!!! I would love to know! And keep me updated on your progress with that goal!
I'll keep you guys updated and post pictures of them as I get them finished up!!!!
~Kelie~
P.S. If you want to find a local chapter near you visit their website at www.conkerrcancer.org and click on the help out link and it will tell you all about it!!!!


Here is their blog

No comments: