Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some catching up...

Wow! I have been pretty BUSY over the past week. Not only did I get sick (YUCK!) and had to miss quite a bit of work but I have a few DEADLINES coming up REALLY FAST! As in, 2 days for a quilt, my Modernista Swap's deadline is the 29th, plus a special project's deadline is fast approaching! UGH! Where has the time went? Or the better question to ask myself....WHY DO YOU PROCRASTINATE????
   I really can't help waiting until the LAST minute to do something. (I'm mainly talking about the quilt) I don't know why, maybe it's the excitement of "Are you gonna make it?" "Can you REALLY do this, Kelie?" Well, I don't know if I'm going to make this one or not, but I'm definately gonna try!
   But anywho, I figured I'd let y'all see a little of what I've been up to. (Sorry for the IG pics but my camera is broke, not sure what's wrong with it either! YIKES!!!)

I finally got all the blocks finished for this quilt. I absolutely LOVE this line by Tula Pink! She's amazing!!!


I've got all the blocks sewn into rows and all the rows have at least 1 row attached to it, now I just have to stitch 3 more seams and the top is DONE! The back? Well, I haven't even started it yet, and honestly HAVE NO CLUE what I'm gonna do for it. I'm thinking scrappy! I have to go buy some more fabric (oh darn! :) ) to finish it, but I'm good with that! :) Then of course the whole basting, quilting and binding left. 2 days.....think I can do it? I sware I have the saying from The Little Engine That Could in my head "I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can" Then I think, "I better I better I better!" This is my first comissioned quilt and I don't want to screw things up!

Onto other projects....
I made this fun little star for my partner...which she said she likes it, I hope so. I still need to bind it though. My husband saw this and now of course wants an entire quilt made "JUST LIKE THIS" LOL, I doubt it! :)

I made my first fabric basket for my partner! I love the way this turned out too!!!
One of the potholders I made for her....

Here is another potholder, view of the front.
And the back view.
I think I've got this swap licked...other than binding that mini and I believe I may make her one more basket, and then it'll be on its way!!! I really hope she likes it and from the comments I've gotten from her on Flikr she does!
Here is my baby concentrating so hard!!! He's stitching up his first little project! I think it's suppost to be a sun?!?!? I love it!
Have I ever told you how much I love Fall in the mountains? Well if I haven't, let me just tell ya, I L-O-V-E it!!!!! It's so gorgeous!!! We went to the park the other day for some long over due family photos, I'm so excited to get them back because I know they are going to be FANTASTIC!!!!
The kids had a blast with the photographer. He was really amazing! I would highly suggest him and his sister to ANYONE who asks!!! In the pic above they are getting ready to throw some leaves at him, and from what he showed me, it's going to be an amazing photo!!!
Well, I'm off to bed, gotta work in a few hours!!!
~Hope y'all are having a great day!!!~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a stash of nightshade I just started cutting into the other day. Your quilt looks great.