Friday, November 1, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival- ROYGBIV

I can't believe I did it! I finished the quilt ON TIME!!! (Well, with less than a few hours to spare!) And I'm barely making it to the deadline to enter my 2nd quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival! Seriously, the linky closes in less than 1 hour!!! It's 9 a.m. here and I just literally finished this quilt 5 hours ago!!! I busted my tail to get it done...but I DID IT!!!!
So, for my 2nd entry into the Festival (my other entry can be found here) I am entering Color My World!
I think this is my favorite quilt I've made to date! You can read more about the pattern and quilt top by clicking here. I have debated and debated which category to enter this quilt into....I have one of 3 options....the Throw Size, ROYGBIV, or Scrappy. This quilt is completely scrappy and a good throw size but I believe ROYGBIV is its best fit! I really loved making this quilt and can totally see myself making another one, just maybe a lot bigger next time!
Here is the backing, I won't go into to much detail with this post (a better post with better photos coming very soon!) but let's just say this was not the original backing! Oh well, stuff happens, especially with kids right?
I chose to quilt it in an all over meandering loop and I'm pretty happy with the results!
As I'm sure you guys can tell in one of the above pictures, the weather does not want me to get pretty pictures today! So I plan on dragging my hubby out this weekend (weather permitting) and have a real quilt photo shoot!

It's a rainbow quilt, so what better to bind it in than black stripes? I think it finishes the quilt perfectly!

I hope you guys enjoyed seeing my version of Color My World and will come back to see it again, when I get better pictures!!!

Quilt Stats
Finished Size- 62"x72"
Pattern- Color My World by Elizabeth Dackson of Don't Call Me Betsy
Pieced and Quilted on my DSM
Fabrics used- Scraps from my stash and Kona Snow for the background
Quilted in an all over meandering loop
Festival Category- ROYGBIV

If you haven't already you really need to head on over to the Blogger's Quilt Festival and see all the amazing entries!!!
P.S. I would absolutely LOVE it if you would vote for my quilt!!! ;-)

It's Friday so I'll be linking up the wonderful Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Friday!

~Hope y'all are having a GREAT day!!~

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on finishing just in time! It's fabulous! The back is as fun as the front!

CitricSugar said...

Great work!! Love those colour rings.

Susan @ MadebyMommainPA.Blogspot.Com said...

Love it!