Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ribbon Rack!

I know, I'm crazy 2 post one day, what am I thinking??? I just wanted to show you guys what my WONDERFUL hubby made me! (YES, he made it from scratch!!!)
A RIBBON RACK!
I was trying to find a better way to store my ribbon since I had them all in a scrapbppk tote thingy, and it just wasn't working. I couldn't see what I had when I was looking, and when I found the spool I needed I had to DIG! And I mean DIG (which consists of throwing the other spools from the top out all around me!) and it was just getting annoying. So I was talking to the hubby about it one day and surfing online and I found something similar to this (sorry, no link, I don't even remember where I saw it.) We made a trip to Lowe's and got some wood, I believe he just got one really LONG 2 x 4 and cut it up. The ribbon is actually on dowel rods, and I need to go get one more. (The empty spot right in the middle)
This stands around 2.5 to 3 ft. (no exact measurements) and I'd say around oh, 1.5 ft wide. BUT I LOVE IT!
For the time being, I have it sitting in my GINORMOUS walk in closet, but eventually when I get my craft area set up the way I want it, I'm thinking about hanging this baby up on the wall. I just thought I'd share. I love it!!!! If you want exact measurements or anything like that just let me know in the comments below, and I will do my best to give you all the info I can!
~Kelie~

No comments: